Bob’s Cobra R Prototype Race Edition
This is a real 1999 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra! This is car #1356 of 4040.
This Cobra is powered by a 320hp 32 valve V8 with a five speed manual transmission and independent rear suspension.
Cobra R Factory Options Added:
All these items added are the real deal!!!
Body & Styling
- Functional Front Splitter: Full Wrap-around front Splitter
- Power Dome Hood: Greater Engine Clearance / Cooling
- Functional 7” high Rear Wing: Greater Rear Traction
- Driver & Passenger Floor Mats: Embossed Cobra R Logo
- Recaro Sport Racing Seats
- 180mph Speedometer
- Ford Motor Sport (FMS) 18 x 9.5 Aluminum Rims
- BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Tires - 265/40ZR-18 Custom “Cobra R Compound” from the ford assembly line
- Full-size Spare Tire: on FMS 18 x 9.5 Aluminum Rims BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Tires
- K&N Conical Air Filter
- Carpeted Rear Seat Delete
- Bassani X-pipe
- Borla mufflers with Side-Exit Exhaust
- Air Conditioning only appears to be deleted - for Cobra R look, controls still work same way as factory
- In Dash Radio/CD relocated to center consol with custom install- for Cobra R look - car has a full Mach sound system with a top of the line CD/ DVD changer system mounted in the trunk
- Rear Seat removed and replaced by custom cut lexon panels, carpeted with a real Cobra R delete carpet with a Cobra R logo embroidered as seen on the Cobra R prototype made by Ford.
- Antenna fully deleted – hole filled and professionally painted. Hi-end antenna-less receiver installed.
- Simpson Racing Harnesses - Driver and Passenger - 5-point Cam-Lock
- Autopower Custom Roll Cage - Custom fabricated 6 point roll cage
- Custom Fit Roll Cage Padding
- Simpson Window Nets with XXX Quick Release Window Net Hardware
- Black Powder Coated Rims
- Red Power Coated Lug Nuts
- Trunk Lock Delete - Smoother rear end
- Emblems Deletes (fenders & trunk lid) – holes filled and replace with custom made flat Cobra logos - sleeker look, less drag - Antenna Delete– holes filled, less drag
- Invisible MACH 460 System, center console mounted
- Electronic AM/FM, CD, DVD - trunk mounted system
- Antenna less Receiver
This car took me four years to build. Always happy to answer questions. Can email me at thundermustangs @ aol.com with any questions.